World Class Learning Schools, the parent company of the British Schools of America, operates a network of learning focused, quality international schools in the US and abroad. Along with an attractive salary and benefits package, we provide assistance with relocation and cost of living expenses. We offer a two year contract, renewable by mutual consent.
Teaching in the United States is an attractive prospect and is not open to many British teachers, thus providing British Schools of America with a unique opportunity to select from an extensive source of professional teachers. We are able to be highly selective in offering teaching positions to the most experienced, highly qualified and committed teachers. To meet US visa requirements, you must live in the UK, hold a British passport and be a qualified, UK trained teacher.
All teachers in the British Schools of America are recruited directly from the UK, from the British State sector or from leading independent schools in the UK, and are of the highest calibre.
The WCL vision is recognised globally as a world leader in learning. Our mission is to add real value to students’ learning through exceptional schools, learning products and services. WCL’s principles are:
- Deliver exceptional learning
- Treat all people with respect
- Be financially responsible
- Learn continuously
A Teacher at a WCL School will:
- Be clear about the vision, values and aims of the school.
- Liaise and communicate effectively within year groups and across the school to ensure curriculum delivery and student targets are clear, consistently presented and delivered to bring improved outcomes for students.
- Be confident in delivering a curriculum that focuses on learning, international mindedness and celebrates success consistently.
- Consistently demonstrate good practice in the classroom.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider, whole school community
- Create a learning environment in which all students will thrive. This is particularly if there is a student who has English as an additional language or a special educational needs
- Play an active role in the school’s drive to introduce new developments successfully.
Teachers have overall responsibility for the learning, classroom organization and nurturing of the students in their care to ensure delivery of:
- A well designed and appropriate curriculum.
- A detailed plan that ensures differentiated learning.
- Assessment of student learning through a variety of school agreed assessment materials
- A motivational learning environment which meets the needs of students.
We offer a generous remuneration package and professional development opportunities.
To access current vacancies, please follow the link to our jobs portal. If none currently exist, do check back regularly as we will add new vacancies as they become available.
View Available Positions and Apply Online